What is Peer Pressure? | A Conversation between Joshua Andrews & Nehemiah Damien
Exodus 23:2 - “Do not follow the crowd in doing wrong. When you give testimony in a lawsuit, do not pervert justice by siding with the crowd.”
Romans 12:2 - "Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will."
1. How much of an impact does peer pressure have in the life of a teen or youth?
2. Have you experienced peer pressure through social media? Talk about your experience.
3. From the line experiment mentioned in today’s episode, we understand that despite knowing what’s true, people tend to side with what’s false if it is supported by the majority. Have you seen this happening in the real world?
4. What will you do when you face peer pressure in life?
5. What are the ways in which you can be peer pressured into doing things you don’t want to?
6. List some signs that you can observe in someone who is being peer pressured.
7. What difference does knowing your identity make in fighting peer pressure?
8. How can you be a positive peer influence among your friends?